Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tackling Taxes

I am tackling my taxes. I am trying to get everything together so when i meet with our CPA next week I can just hand it over and forget it....whew!

I need some help from all you experts out there....lol. I need some organization tips.
How do you record or save all your information through the year. I know there must be a better way than what I am doing cause it just takes forever at the end of the year to get it all together.

I need suggestions.
We have our regular income, then we have a small business.

Just leave comments and feel free to email me personally...donicampbell@hotmail.com

Thanks and God Bless
Lynne

4 comments:

Susie said...

Good luck with that tackle! I am the queen of the binders and I recommend using one or two if you are organizationally challenged:-)

Mrs. H said...

File folders and velcro pouches :) I have to keep track of all "household" purchases for our taxes so those receipts (after getting recorded in Quicken) get put into a velcro folder/pouch. Paystubs get filed into our regular file drawer. In Jan, I purchase an expandable file (the kind with the elastic that wraps around it to keep it closed) and put in all tax-specific documents (each W2, etc) inside as they arrive in the mail until I sit down to add numbers and organize. After completing the taxes, this file holds a copy of our return and gets put away.

Anonymous said...

Oh, man ... taxes is a tackle all of us will be making soon, isn't it? I have a small box (about 5x11) next to my husband's dresser. We put all our receipts and tax info in that box during the year. Then sort through it one Sat. before our tax appointment. I've tried keeping every paper in a separate folder or separate section of an expandable folder during the year, but hubby doesn't play fair with that, and leaves them lying around for me to find and file! To save frustration with that I started using the one box and he and I together sort them just before taxes! It's good 'family' time ... giggle!

Rita T. said...

Ooh, taxes. What a large project to tackle. You can do it, rah, rah, rah!

Related Posts with Thumbnails