Monday, March 23, 2009

Tackle It Tuesday-Getting College Applications Filled Out!


I have a daughter that is a Senior in High School. We are in a frenzy getting applications and stuff filled out. It seems never ending.

There is so much to it. One thing is for sure...if you don't fill out the forms and go the extra mile you will not get any financial aid or scholarships.

I spoke to one mom recently whose daughter has been in college for 3 years and didn't know that there was forms to fill out to get financial aid.

The first thing all college students should do is go to fafsa.ed.gov and fill out this form and submit it. You will have to have finished your filing your taxes for the year and use those forms to help you. You need to do this as soon as you can after Jan 1 of every year you are in school. You have to refile every year.

You also need to decide which schools you are interested in and find out what their deadline for applications are to be elligible for different scholarships. They are earlier that I realized and we missed some of them.

Be sure to apply to all colleges that you are possibly interested in...you may be surprised who gives you the most money.

This is our tackle and I don't think we will be done in one day.

1 comment:

AmyK said...

I just got around to submitting my own FAFSA for the next school year; I kept forgetting to do it! Not a good thing to forget! One of these days I'm going to have to tackle applications for university so I can transfer from community college. One of these days... lol.

Awesome tackle!

Related Posts with Thumbnails