Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tackling Doors!




I have been so busy that I didn't get to get this post in until the day was almost over.
So here I am....Better late than never, right?

Several year ago my dear husband built a really nice apartment on to our home for my mom to live in. She was totally separate, in that you could only enter her apartment by going outside and entering by her door. It was very nice. When we built it, it was planned that when she needed help we'd put a door through the kitchen...so this door was already framed in within the wall...Smart man!

She fell ill one morning and I took her to the hospital and she was admitted. I called my husband and before I even got home that evening, there was a big hole in the wall...lol-This man lives to knock holes in walls...lol

Anyway, about 4 days later mom died in the hospital. The hole remained unfinished for 1 1/2 years...we used the apartment but never finished the door.

Fast forward to this week. We came across a friend who is working locally while his family is in Northern Michigan...The economy is really, really bad there. Anyway, he needed an apartment.

So we decided to rent it furnished to him and guess what we did last night and today....INSTALLED A DOOR> We decided to install the door and push the refrigerator back infront of the door(which locks).

That way, in the future when we need it open for our other parents that might move in...it is ready.

I have no pics cause I was rushing around getting paint everywhere.

We did get it finished and have just some finishing touches to do..

There you have it. My tackle!

2 comments:

RachaelLeigh said...

Hey i helped tackle! it was team tackleage!

=)

Lynne Campbell said...

You are right my dear daughter...I much give credit where credit is due...You did a big chunk of the tackle and for that I am very thankful and proud! Good Job little tackler!

Love ya,
Mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails