Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tackle it Tuesday-Tackling Clutter


(Not a picture of my house :) )
You know how you let the clutter get built up all over the house? Well, I am the master of clutter. making it that is. lol.
The best way to tackle clutter is to get laundry baskets. I have one for upstairs and down.
I set it in the hallway and start in one room. If the items go down, I put them in the basket...if it stays up I put it in the other. After my collection, I put the basket on my hip of off I go putting the items up.
This stops you from going back and forth!
Plus if you are in a hurry, someone coming over...you take the baskets and put them in a closet to finish later.
If you forget the baskets are there and find them later......and didn't miss what was in the baskets, take it all to goodwill....lol


My Dear Friend Robin over at Heart of Wisdom-Heart at Home has a wonderful list of her Top 20 Organizing and Decluttering Tips!
Here they are for you!
  1. Laundry Room Makeover
  2. Get Rid of Cord Clutter (cell phone recharging)
  3. Organizing Computer Cables
  4. Get Rid of Refrigerator Clutter
  5. Declutter the Pantry and Discourage Critters
  6. Tackling Bedside Clutter
  7. 10 Minutes to a Sparkling Clean Bathroom
  8. Pegboard Organization: Not Just for the Garage
  9. No Shelves Linen Storage Solution
  10. Tackling the Dreaded Sock Basket
  11. Decluttering: Letting Go of the Baby Clothes
  12. Shoe Storage in the Mudroom
  13. Vinegar the Wonder Household Cleaner
  14. Quick House Cleaning Tips
  15. Gotta Love Those Label Makers!
  16. Think Outside the Cardboard Box
  17. Decluttering for Geeks
  18. Need Help Getting Organized? Call the Kids!
  19. Book Organizing Tackle
  20. Get Organized with Good Ol’ Dishpans



Happy Cleaning
Lynne

7 comments:

na said...

Great tackle! I am also decluttering!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I have a basket for toys downstairs but I never thought of using it in general for everyday pick up! What a time saver! Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Great tips, I'm always looking for ways to help deal with the clutter around here!

Anonymous said...

Visiting from Tackle It Tuesday ...
Great tip about the clothes baskets! I don't have a multi-level home, but I think I'll try your system. It seems like the perfect way to keep from running all over the house. I tend to get caught up in that confusion of starting in one room, going to put stuff in another room, only to find stuff that doesn't belong in there ... and then the distractions snowball from there!

Tiffers said...

This is great! My middle name has changed to PURGE this year. I can't wait to read each and every one of these maticulously!

Rita T. said...

Oh wow. There can be no more excuses now. Great job!

Krisi and Adam said...

What a great list of ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails