Thursday, February 12, 2009

Friday Show and Tell: The Parents Edition--The Rewards of Homeschooling

Do you sometimes wish that people would stop looking at you that weird way when say you "homeschool" your children.

Oh my gosh, your kids are missing out..they will have no friends, they won't be able to get along in the "real world", they won't get into college, they will be "backward".

What exactly is backward anyway? Who is it that decides who is backward? lol

You know what I mean there.

I believe that God has given these precious children to each of us parents to raise. I don't believe that my mold fits your mold. But I do know one thing, homeschooling was the right thing for our family and we have never regret ed it. It seems it may have caused some other folks more pain than us....but we are fine...lol

All of that being said. We have one daughter that we graduated 2 years ago in 2007. She is attending the local community college and yes she fits in just fine for goodness sake. lol :)

She has had many opportunities to share her faith and take a stand for her beliefs. It has been hard at times but that would be for anyone. She is the type of student that has to work hard for her grades and nothing comes easy. She has excellent study habits that she is improving continually. She is one the Deans List and she is in the honor society on campus.

We are so proud of her. This past week she got an unexpected scholarship..from a private donor. We were thrilled and reminded that God provides. We are thankful for Gods provisions.

And now share with all of us your special :
  • accomplishments
  • awards
  • breakthroughs
  • field trips
  • special moments
  • funny things your child said
  • successful teaching methods or curriculum
Basically, this is an easy thing...don't think of it complicated. We all have things that happen in our week with our kids that we immediately want to share or "light bulb" moments with our kids that we want to share.

This is the place...we can learn so much from each other and encourage each other in this journey with our children.

Please copy the button at the top of this post and place it at the top of your post, then link it back here.

Use the Mr Linky to add your post to this one.

Thanks

4 comments:

Mommy Jes said...

mne is up.
http://ishiethan.blogspot.com/2009/02/friday-show-and-tell-1why-does-mom-and.html...thanks for inviting me =)

Anonymous said...

What a great testimony! I will try to think of something for this today; I'll be back to leave my link.

You have a really great blog here, what a blessing! :D

P.S. Sorry my blog keeps making you laugh and wakes up your husband! Heehee!

Anonymous said...

I did a post! I hope it's too lengthy. I got on a windbag schpiel there...

http://freakyfrugalite.com/parents-friday-show-tell/

Anonymous said...

Oop, I mean not TOO lengthy!! lol...

Related Posts with Thumbnails