Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Missions Conference: Cottage Prayer Meeting


This week at our church, we are having Missions Conference. Tonight we spit up on groups and met at individual homes. At each home there was a missionary to speak about their mission field.
Our mission family was Bro. Mike Groves and his family. They are going to go to New Zealand.

My daughter wrote about the meeting and even videos some of the beautiful music we were blessed with. Check out her blog , you will be blessed.

One thing that struck me was Bro. Mike said allot of churches are not taking on missionaries because of the economy. That is so sad. Our country, although we are in a recession, we are still very wealthy compared to the poverty throughout this world.

My prayer is that more churches will be taking on this missionaries that are willing to sacrifice and go. We can be a part of their team and support them financially and with prayer.

Our homeschool group from our church is planning an missions trip to Mexico in May. We are going to be doing some serious fundraising for this trip. I will have a blog up in the near future to explain what we will be doing on our trip. I'll let you know when that is up.

Please go check out Rachael's Blog about the Cottage Prayer Meeting tonight.
Also, another touching post that shows how God works is on Shaivangi's Blog..Check out this awesome testimony.

This is my works for me this week. The Missionaries need all our support, financial or prayer.
I hope this has inspired you to become involved and work for missionaries...That's what works for me!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails